Established in 2004, (DSOA) is wholly owned by the Government of Dubai and is considered the only technology park in the region that provides both a living and working integrated community. Silicon Oasis is a Free Zone Authority and provides a full package of a free zone incentives and benefits to companies operating within the tech park.
Dubai Silicon Oasis’ (DSO) spans 7.2 square kilometres enjoying one of the most developed infrastructures in the region. The Authority has injected a large capital investment in its infrastructure to cater the need of high tech industries in the free zone, this ranges from advanced telecommunications, a fibre optic network, tier 3 data centre with 120 high capacity racks, and an advanced utility infrastructure with 8 power stations with a capacity of 1,600 mega watts.
The technology park possesses a combined fire, water and irrigation supply system which is supported by a pump station and a 5,000 cubic meter underground irrigation tank. A sanitary water network is also provided giving potable water supply of 44,525 cubic meters per day based on an estimated 162,400 population working and/or living at the Silicon Oasis. DSO has a sewerage management system includes onsite pumping stations that transport wastewater to municipal plants through a new pressure pipeline. Current capacity of the sewage management system is 3,000 cubic metres per day (of which the technology park currently uses approximately a third) with a planned expansion set to see the capacity increased to 10,000 cubic metres to facilitate the community’s future growth.
In addition, DSO has a fully completed network of roads allowing quick and easy in and out access to Dubai’s major highways.
Dubai Silicon Oasis has a full capacity to host semiconductor Manufacturing or similar type of industry in its zone.
Strategically located between Dubai International Airport and Dubai’s seaports DSO offers companies an attractive location.
• 15 Mins from Dubai International Airport
• 10 Mins from Business District
• 20 Mins from Jebel Ali Port and Port Rashid
Philips, Fujitsu, AMD, Western Digital, Synopsys, Corning and Schneider Electric are some of the companies operating in Dubai Silicon Oasis. Companies that are able to operate at DSO include those in the following sectors:
• IT, telecom, electrical, electronic, engineering and related activities e.g. mobile and internet technologies, software, data centre and arabized/localised technologies.
• Consultants, law firms, finance institutions, etc.
• Bio-tech, automobile, aerospace, oil and gas, alternative energy and many others
All major activities of doing business can be accommodated within DSO including:
• Company headquarter offices, sales & marketing, support offices training, etc.
• Import/export, distribution, testing and checking, labelling, packaging.
• DSO clients enjoy a number of benefits operating within the technology park. These include:
• 100% foreign ownership
• 100% repatriation of capital
• Zero Income tax
• Zero corporate tax
• Low cost of operations
• State of the art IT infrastructure and facilities with tier 3 data centre
• Fast-track business set-up & licensing
• Dedicated business support services including integrated online E-Business system offering tenants fast and efficient services at the touch of a button
• Access to regional pool of talented technical and engineering professionals
• Stable and clear regulation
• Access to consumer markets of 5 billion people (Middle East, North Africa and Indian Subcontinent).
One-stop Shop Services
The Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) provides a one-stop shop service concept to tenants offering a comprehensive range of business and government services in order to fulfil all legal and operational requirements. As an authority of the Government of Dubai DSOA is the municipal body of the free zone which issues all types of licenses as well as the following services:
• Company licenses (issuance and renewal)
• Work permits
• Employee visas
• Family residence visas
• Customs clearance
For companies opting to construct their own facility at the tech park, issuance of building permits, design approval, certificate of completion and other permits are all obtained through DSOA. DSO prides itself on having the most efficient engineering team to assist and support clients through out the construction process.
All services are provided directly by DSOA under one roof.
Companies at DSO enjoy a strong customer-orientated service structure with DSO providing direct help lines and a dedicated client management service to attend to all needs. All DSO staff are professionally trained in order to meet the customer expectation.
Facilities at DSO
DSO offers an array of high-quality facilities to businesses operating within DSO with state-of-the-art infrastructure, systems and equipment. Furthermore buildings are constructed to global energy saving standards whilst daily maintenance ensures a pristine business environment.
• Light Industrial Units used for multiple use for Warehousing and Manufacturing
• Land for development company’s own facility
• DSO has a total capacity of 97,740 sq m of commercial space dedicated to state of the art offices for lease clients can lease from – Area of 15 sqm to full floors reaching 5000 sqm.
• High speed internet & VoIP connections
• Avaya communications system
• Tier 3 data centre
• UPS system back up
• False ceiling, raised flooring with power floor boxes
• Semi furnished offices with excellent maintenance, daily cleaning and a Help Desk services provided
Multiple-Use Light Industrial Units (LIUs) & Warehousing
DSO offers multiple-use Light Industrial Units of 360 sq m (including 160 sq m office space) as well as warehousing and distribution units up to 1,500 sq m and. These have the following features:
• High bay warehouse space with 12m height storage capacity
• Dedicated floors for office use (total area 35,400 sq. ft.) fully fitted with carpet, ceiling, IT & PBX telephony
• Steel structured units with attractive design
• Equipped with IT cabling and fibre optic network connectivity
Land for development
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority offers companies “Shovel Ready” industrial plots of land with various sizes ranging from 6,000 sq m to 250,000 sq m for construction of regional headquarters, associated warehousing, R&D backbones, manufacturing sites, logistics and distribution centres.
DSO, The Technology Park
DSO promotes technological collaboration and innovation and subsequently has created a hi-tech eco-system that is specifically designed for technology based organisation to interact and support one another in order for ideas, technology and business to thrive. DSO’s high-tech ecosystem consists of six key elements: large enterprises, start ups & medium-sized businesses, universities and an incubation centre, venture capital funds, a hi-tech infrastructure and government & business services.
Dubai Circuit Design Centre – Dubai Circuit Design Centre (DCDC) is the region’s first advanced integrated circuit (IC) design centre. The DCDC team offers reliable design services using the latest Synopsys design tools and flows. From a start up business in DSO, DCDC’s client base now spans throughout the world including clients in the U.S., Europe and Asia. For further information please visitwww.dcd.ae.
Rochester Institute of Technology (R.I.T) Dubai – In partnership with Rochester Institute of Technology based in Rochester, New York, an internationally recognized leader in professional and technology-oriented education, DSOA has established RIT Dubai which was created to ensure the DSO communit has a pool of talented hi-tech professionals. Onsite Rochester Institute of Technology Dubai offers DSO partner research programs which include sponsor benefits such as full ownership/IP patent. For further information please visithttp://dubai.rit.edu
DSO Incubation Centre – DSO runs an incubator centre to support technology entrepreneurs. The centre’s incubator program is designed to accelerate the successful development of young entrepreneurs and their businesses through an array of support resources and services. These include free business set-up including a special entrepreneur trade licence, free workspace, networking opportunities with other IT professionals, business consultancy and financial, legal and marketing mentorship.
DSO Technology & Investment – DSO is dedicated to technology and as result has set up a dedicated Technology & Investment Generation (TIG) team which acts as a strategic investment arm for Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA). The aim of the unit is to identify, foster and invest in high-tech business opportunities. To this extent DSO offer incentive programs to attract technology-based companies to establish their presence at Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO). These include 30% reduced costs and investment incentives such as subsidised lease rates, EDA tools, and staff accommodation.
DSO, The Community
DSO is a well established ‘integrated’ community offering a range of residential and lifestyle facilities that caters to every need of residents by providing an array of health, education and leisure services including schools, universities, hospitals, community centres, shopping complexes, swimming pools and tennis courts. The technology park has been specifically planned and designed to create an authentic community of comfort, safety and convenience with DSO making a large investment in landscaping within the DSO community complete with lush green parks, interconnected courtyards, and children’s play areas in addition to 24 hour security, daily maintenance and a fully completed road network.
Community features include:
• Residential Villas and Apartments – High-quality residential villas and apartments.
• Education – Renowned educational institutions such as RIT Dubai, GEMS School and International Indian High School.
• Shops & Services – Supermarkets, retail outlets, banks, post office, health clinic, restaurants, cafes, etc.
• Leisure & Lifestyle – Community centres, play areas, swimming pools, pedestrian networks, interconnected courtyards and parks.
Semmer Villas entails 560 luxurious 3 bedroom villas of 288 sq m in a lifestyle development complete with community centre, supermarket, shops, community swimming pools, and recreational areas.
Cedre Villas is a gated community of 1047 high quality and spacious villas located within Dubai Silicon Oasis. Developed by renowned UAE developer Arabtech, there are 3, 4 and 5 bedrooms villas in four sizes Luxury (with private swimming pool), Executive, Twin and Town House ranging from a built up area of 356 sq m to 676 sq m. The villas also come in a range of different exterior styles; Arabic, Modern or Traditional. The villas are renowned for their value for money as tenants get 40% more space for their money than other Dubai villas of the same price.
The villas are available to buy and lease. In 2009, Cedre Villas was classified as a ‘freehold’ area allowing both locals and foreigners (expats) to have a free hold ownership of their property.
Silicon Residences Phase I & II
Silicon Residences are a diverse collection of 1 & 2 bedroom apartments serving the accommodation needs of technology companies. Silicon Residences offer:
• Choice of one and two bedroom apartments.
• Shaded parking and 24hr security
• Clean living environment
In addition to an excellent location, modern facilities and superior logistics services, Dubai Airport Freezone offers a wide choice of facilities:
• Dubai Trading License & Registration (FZE, FZCO & Branch)
• Employee Sponsorship (Employment residence sponsored by the free zone)
• Online transactions processing for all services (Tas’heel)
• 24 hours security service
• Housekeeping and Building Maintenance
• Government Services: Immigration, Customs, Chamber of Commerce
• Post, Telecommunications & Banking facilities
• Food court with a wide range of restaurants and cafes
• Business centre, conference room, business lounge and lecture room
• Travel Agent, Car Rental.